With a focus on African markets, DaMina helps its clients stay ahead of the curve by providing continuous in-depth risk analyses and research findings.
- Focus on African Markets: Worldwide reductions in aggregate consumer demand implies an even more aggressive expansion by many global conglomerates into Africa’s ever expanding consumer markets. Yet, none of the leading global ‘emerging markets’ consulting firms focus exclusively on Africa’s fast growing capital, corporate and commodities markets.
- Close the Information Gap: The decade-long industrial demand of African commodities by Chinese, Indian other Asian firms, coupled with the structural regulatory, security, political and socio-economic uncertainty in most African commodity producing nations has opened up a large ’information gap’ which needs to be bridged.
- Stay On Top of Political and Socio-Economic Change: The developing strength of Africa’s equity, currency and bond markets has drawn many foreign asset managers who need to stay on top of African political and socio-economic developments.
- Provide Up To Date Risk Assessments: Most major African and global PE firms and asset managers with significant exposure to fast-growing large African conglomerates, need continuous proven, accurate and globally reputable political, regulatory and socio-economic-risk assessments.
- Act as Interlocutor: The increasing democratization and diffusion of governmental regulatory powers often produce mixed signals to foreign investors creating a need for an interlocutor.
- Perform Local Partner Due Diligence: The increasing adoption of ‘local content requirements’ or Black Economic Empowerment (BEE)-type codes in many African countries increases the need for independent due diligence in the selection of ’local partners.'